March 20, 2020
Kentucky Medicaid issued the guidance to providers in connection with the response to COVID-19. Highlights of the guidance include:
- waiver of cost-sharing for services associated with COVID-19;
- elimination of prior authorization for COVID-19 related services;
- permission to use of certain codes for FaceTime and telephonic communication with ESTABLISHED patients;
- temporary use of certain codes for evaluation of electronic data sent by ESTABLISHED patients via email; and
- allowing early refills for 30, 60, and 90 day supply of medications.
This guidance was issued on March 11, 2020 and so certain of its provisions have been updated in other guidance issued by Kentucky Medicaid.